Make certain to review the lists of more specific topics within each theme to choose your research topic.
Then, describe your prior knowledge, beliefs, assumptions, and values related to your chosen topic. Finally, you will explain why you think this historical topic is relevant to contemporary society.
Specifically, you must address the following rubric criteria:
- Explain what you already know about the chosen topic based on your personal history or experiences.
- If you do not have prior knowledge about your topic, explain what you would like to learn more about.
- Describe the beliefs, assumptions, and values you have related to the topic you chose.
- What opinions or perspectives do you have about your topic? What conclusions have you already drawn about it?
- Explain why this topic is relevant to current events or to modern society.
- Why might this topic matter to us now?
Guidelines for Submission
Use the provided Module One Activity Template: Project Topic Exploration to address the steps above. While references are not required, any sources used should be cited according to APA style if you reference them in your responses. Consult the Shapiro Library APA Style Guide for more information on citations