- Create a security plan for a medium sized health care facility. In your security plan, evaluate how you would approach security threats from both inside and outside the organization. Be sure that you address the following items in your security plan:
- physical and administrative safeguards: employee education, health information archival and retrieval systems, disaster recovery, storage media
- access safeguards: authentication, password management
- network safeguards: cloud computing, firewalls, encryption / decryption and using mobile devices to deliver healthcare
- Critique the plan you have written, identifying its strengths, elements that were not covered in the text, and any additional omissions or weaknesses of the plan.
As a reference, you may want to visit the following website:
Source: HIPAA Privacy, Security, and Breach Notification Audit Program: United States Department of Health & Human Services. Retrieved from http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/enforcement/audit/index.html
- The Assignment should be 2–3 pages in length, prepared in a Microsoft Word document, and APA-formatted.
- Include a title page and reference page. Length requirements do not include the title page, and the reference page.
- Follow APA style format and citation guidelines, including Times New Roman 12 point font and double spacing.
- This Assignment should follow the conventions of Standard English featuring correct grammar, punctuation, style, and mechanics.
- Include at least two references. The course textbook counts as one reference. All sources must be scholarly. Wikipedia is not acceptable. Use APA style for all citations including course materials.
- Your writing should be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful.