Respond with 100words each question:
During your coaching and mentoring experience, you are required to complete a self-reflection log of your experiences and obstacles. This log will be a helpful component to evaluating and modifying the overall coaching/mentoring experience.
Topic 1: 300words
- 1. Describe how you will use your personal qualities to contribute to your coaching or mentoring abilities. How do these qualities serve as a value to your mentee?
- 2. How difficult is it to select a person to coach or mentor? What is it that you find is challenging about identifying a potential mentee? What could you do in your workplace to identify potential mentee opportunities?
- 3. How do you establish trust with your family? With your friends? With your coworkers? Is this an important factor to establish in the mentor/mentee relationship?
Topic 2: 200words
1. How do you best determine the needs of your potential mentee in order have a successful relationship as you work towards their goals together?
2. How do you decipher goals that are short-term verses long-term? As you are working with your mentee, how do you guide the mentee through developing short-term and long-term goals that would meet the mentee’s vision?
Topic 3: 300words
1. Reflect on the selected activities with your mentee to support the short-term and long-term goals of your mentee. Why were these activities selected and how can they help your mentee achieve success?
2. Reflect on two coaching and two mentoring techniques selected to support the short-term and long-term goals of your mentee. Why were these techniques selected and how can they help your mentee achieve success?
3. How did you agree upon your timeline with your mentee? What is the importance of setting a timeline to complete the selected activities?
Topic 4: 400words
- 1. How important is the Individual Development Plan in meeting the objectives of your coaching or mentoring relationship?
- 2. What emotional and social intelligence skills do you possess that will benefit from further development?
- 3. Are there ethical considerations (e.g., culture, religion, personal beliefs) that must be considered when preparing activities for an Individual Development Plan? Discuss potential considerations and how to ensure you have developed an experience that meets the needs of your particular mentee.
- 4. Of emotional intelligence, social intelligence, and ethics, which of the three will be most vital in the success of your mentor/mentee relationship in achieving the mentee’s goals and why?