Case Analysis: Rick’s New Job DUE TOMORROW JUNE 27 before 12 Midnight CST
Read the Rick’s New Job case analysis at the end of Chapter 3 of the Blanchard and Thacker (2019) text. In a three-to-four-page paper (excluding the title and reference pages), respond to the following case questions:
- Explain why Rick was let go and how reinforcement theory applies to this situation.
- Evaluate Rosie and Walter’s reaction to Rick’s computer in terms of resistance to change. Use the concepts in this chapter to explain how Rick might have approached the computer situation to gain acceptance.
- Discuss Rick’s inability to “fit in” using social learning theory. Identify where breakdowns occurred.
- If Val hired you to develop a management training program for the senior managers at PPP, discuss how you would go about designing the program. Provide appropriate theoretical rationale to support your position.
Your paper must be formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center. Your paper must also include citations and references for the Blanchard and Thacker (2019) text and at least two scholarly sources from the University of Arizona Global Campus Library. An abstract is not required. Use APA Style elements to format your assignment. For example, the following headings (or equivalent) can be used to identify each section of your paper:
- Reinforcement Theory
- Resistance to Change
- Social Learning Theory
- Designing a Management Training Program
The Case Analysis: Rick’s New Job paper
- Must be three to four pages, double-spaced (excluding title and references pages) and formatted according to APA Style (Links to an external site.) as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA Formatting for Microsoft Word (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.) as well as Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.), refer to the Writing Center resources.
- Must use at least two credible sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- To assist you in completing the research required for this assignment, the University of Arizona Global Campus Library’s Quick and Easy Library Research (Links to an external site.) tutorial which introduces the University of Arizona Global Campus Library and the research process, and provides some library search tips.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA: Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center. See the APA: Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Writing Center for specifications.