Training Design Proposal
For this assignment, you will review Chapters 5, 6, and 7 and develop and deliver an employee training workshop. Your task is to implement a 2-day training workshop for 100 managers on how to use effective feedback skills when delivering one-on-one performance reviews to employees.
In a three-to-five-page paper (excluding the title and reference page), construct a proposal that
- Identifies three specific learning objectives.
- Discuss the content the training would entail, methods to be used (e.g., lecture, case study, role play, etc.), and the instructional media and equipment required and explain why.
- Specify the logistical arrangements, such as type of room setup, that can enhance or undermine the content and interaction between participants.
- Examine the impact that room setup has on communication in the group.
- Length of workshop (2 days),
- Number of trainees (100), and
- Learning objective (developing effective feedback skills).
Your introductory paragraph must include a clear and concise description of the training. Tables, images and appendices may be used. APA Style elements should be used to organize and identify each section of your paper. An abstract is not required. Your paper must be formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center. Your paper must also include citations and references from the Blanchard and Thacker (2019) text and at least three additional scholarly sources.
The Training Design Proposal paper
- Must be three to five pages, double-spaced in length (excluding the title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA Style (Links to an external site.) as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA Formatting for Microsoft Word (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.) as well as Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.), refer to the Writing Center resources.
- Must use at least three scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- To assist you in completing the research required for this assignment, view the University of Arizona Global Campus Library’s Quick and Easy Library Research (Links to an external site.) tutorial, which introduces the University of Arizona Global Campus Library and the research process, and provides some library search tips.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA: Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center. See the APA: Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Writing Center for specifications.